History of English Churches in Switzerland – Les Diablerets

History of English Church, Les Diablerets

The Grand-Hotel constructed an Anglican Chapel in 1881. The cost was in large part covered by a subscription amongst English tourists. In 1893, an Association in Ormont-Dessus bought a clock from Aigle and placed it in the tower. The clock was created by the famous artisan Abram Dupertuis. In 1947 the chapel became part of the Swiss Protestant Church

Date of first Chaplaincy: 1866

Church dates: 1881-1947

Patron: Intercontinental Church Society (ICS)

Hotel: Grand Hotel

Current Status: Owned by Swiss Reform Church

Ormont-Dessous, Ormons-Dessus, La Valle des Ormons

Further Reading
Les Diablerets, Le Grand Hotel