About St. Peter's, Château d'Oex
St. Peter’s is an English Anglican Church serving the Château-d’Oex and Gstaad region of the Swiss Alps. We are home to a multinational Christian family from a variety of denominations.
Our vision is to reach out to the English speaking community with the love of God. We aim to be a community where people can become followers of Christ Jesus, and, as part of his community, grow to become like him more and more. We support people in discovering their own unique contribution both in the Church and the world. But above all, our aim is to see Jesus stand out for all to see.
You are more than welcome to worship with us and if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Services at St. Peter's in January
- Sunday, 6 January at 17h30 : Rev’d Clive Atkinson – Evening Prayer
- Sunday, 13 January at 17h30 : Rev’d Clive Atkinson – Holy Communion
- Sunday, 16 December at 17h30 : Rev’d Clive Atkinson – Evening Prayer
- Sunday, 2o January at 17h30 : Rev’d Chris Pemberton – Evening Prayer
- Sunday, 27 January at 17h30: Rev’d Chris Pemberton – Evening Prayer
Week of Christian Unity
(French and English)
- Mercredi 16 janvier à 20h, au Temple: Chants et prière, suivis du verre de l’amitié
- Vendredi 18 janvier à 20h, à l’Eglise Evangélique FREE (Clos-Riant): Chants et prière, suivis du verre de l’amitié
- Dimanche 20 à 10h,: Célébration oecuménique à l’Eglise Catholique, suivie d’un repas offert à toutes et à tous
- Lundi 21 à 20h,: Evening Prayer at St. Peter’s (English and French)
Clive has been Pastor of St. Peter’s and All Saints Church Vevey since October 2003. He is originally from Northern Ireland and is married to Yvonne. They have two children, Jacob and Rebekah. When he’s not working, you will find him up a mountain either with a bike or a set of skis.
Originally from Sussex, GB. Elizabeth was Rector of two parishes near Guildford in 2014 before returning to Switzerland with her husband. Elizabeth and Eddie now live near Spiez with Monty, their Golden Retriever who also often attends St Peter’s! Elizabeth is the Environmental Officer for the Diocese in Europe.
The bible compares human life to a journey. Each journey has a beginning middle and end. Along the journey there are a number of significant events where we as a church can offer significant support and assistance
A wedding is such an exciting, joyful and significant event. We at St. Peter’s love to support those intending to marry by providing both marriage preparation and a wonderful venue in which to hold the service. Please note that according to Swiss Law a civil ceremony needs to be completed before a religious service can take place.
A funeral marks the close of human life on earth. It is an opportunity for family and friends to gather together, express their grief and give thanks to God for the loved one who has died. We at St. Peter’s consider it an honour to share in this stage of the journey with others.